Bill Pay Help
- What is Safety’s Online Bill Pay service?
- Is there a charge for using Online Bill Pay?
- When is Safety’s Online Bill Pay service available?
- How can I be sure that my information is secure and protected?
- Who can use Safety’s Online Bill Pay service?
- Can I use Safety’s Online Bill Pay service to pay someone else’s premium?
- If I use Online Bill Pay to make a payment, am I required to use this method of payment every month?
- Do I have to provide an e-mail address and/or telephone number?
- What method of payment can I use to pay online?
- What happens if my Online Bill Pay payment is returned unpaid by my financial institution?
- How do I locate my bank routing number and checking account number?
- Can I make a partial payment or pay more than the minimum amount due?
- Can I make more than one payment each month?
- When will my payment be reflected?
- How do I know if the payment has been charged to my bank or credit card account?
- Why do I need a Confirmation Number?
- Can I cancel my transaction?
- What happens if there is a mistake with my online payment?
- Watch a Video About Safety's New My Account
What is Safety’s Online Bill Pay service?
Safety’s Online Bill Pay is a payment service that offers policyholders the added convenience of paying their insurance premium online.
Is there a charge for using Online Bill Pay?
No, this service is provided at no cost to you.
When is Safety’s Online Bill Pay service available?
Online Bill Pay is available seven days a week with the following exceptions:
- Friday 8:00 pm to 10:00 pm
- Saturday 9:30 pm to Sunday at noon
Note: These times are approximate and may fluctuate slightly
How can I be sure that my information is secure and protected?
Safety will use information you provide during an Online Bill Pay session to process an online payment. We will use our best efforts to maintain the confidentiality of all information you provide.
Safety Insurance designed Online Bill Pay to provide you with a safe and secure means of paying your insurance premium. The site uses secure servers with SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption protocol to display your billing information once you have been authenticated. This prevents a third party from reading the information while it is in transit.
Use of Online Bill Pay requires that a policyholder create a user account, therefore, this service is available only to policyholders. Once the user account is established, premium payments may be submitted using Online Bill Pay. Please note that in addition to combined bill accounts, payment is accepted for all policy types.
Can I use Safety’s Online Bill Pay service to pay someone else’s premium?
No. A user account is required in order to use this service and therefore, is only available to policyholders.
If I use Online Bill Pay to make a payment, am I required to use this method of payment every month?
No. This service is available for your convenience. You may choose to use this service for consecutive months, or you may choose to mail your payment to:
Safety Insurance PO Box 371312 Pittsburgh, PA 15250-7312
Do I have to provide an e-mail address and/or telephone number?
Yes. A valid email address and day-time telephone number is required as a condition of using Online Bill Pay. We will use this information only in the event that we need to contact you regarding your payment.
What method of payment can I use to pay online?
Safety Insurance accepts the following as valid forms of payment:
- Personal or business checking accounts drawn on US banks
- MasterCard and Visa credit cards
- NYCE, Pulse, Star and Accel ATM Debit/Debit cards
Note: Payments from foreign bank accounts and savings accounts are not considered valid forms of payment. Safety Insurance does not offer the ability to pay bills through the use of payment services such as PayPal.
What happens if my Online Bill Pay payment is returned unpaid by my financial institution?
Online Bill Pay transactions that have been returned unpaid by your financial institution will be reversed and a returned payment fee as specified on your bill will be added to the policy or combined bill account balance.
How do I locate my bank routing number and checking account number?
A bank routing number is a unique nine-digit number that identifies a financial institution and is found at the bottom a check. The checking account number is found to the right of the bank routing number. It is important to note that the numbers on a deposit slip may not be the same as the numbers found on a check, so please be sure to use a check to obtain this information.
Can I make a partial payment or pay more than the minimum amount due?
Yes. Payments will be accepted for any amount up to and including the balance due with the following exceptions:
- $20,000 maximum daily payment amount for personal and business checking accounts
- $10,000 maximum daily payment amount for ATM debit/debit/credit cards
Can I make more than one payment each month?
Yes, you may use Safety’s Online Bill Pay service many times throughout the month with the exception that only one payment transaction per day will be accepted for the same policy or combined bill account.
When will my payment be reflected?
Payments submitted before 9:00 p.m. on business days will be posted to your account on the next business day.
Payments submitted after 9:00 p.m. on business days and at any time on all non-business days will be posted to your account within 2 business days.
If you have been notified that your policy will be cancelled due to non-payment of insurance premium, then please refer to the notice of cancellation, note the posting times described above, and contact your agent immediately if your payment will not be posted soon enough for a cancellation not to be effective.
Business days are when both Safety and our bank are open for business. Please find Safety's Holiday Schedule here; http://www.safetyinsurance.com/about/holiday.html.
How do I know if the payment has been charged to my bank or credit card account?
Please refer to your financial institution to determine whether the charge has occurred.
Why do I need a Confirmation Number?
A Confirmation Number or Transaction ID is provided as evidence that an Online Bill Pay transaction has been submitted. The Confirmation Number or Transaction ID will be provided when the transaction has been completed as well as referenced in the notification sent to you at the email address provided during your transaction. Please refer to this number in the event you need to contact us with questions regarding your transaction.
Can I cancel my transaction?
The Online Bill Pay transaction can be cancelled any time before receiving the confirmation number indicating that your payment information has been accepted by Safety Insurance. After a confirmation number has been provided, the transaction cannot be cancelled.
What happens if there is a mistake with my online payment?
If you believe that an error or problem has occurred with your Online Bill Pay transaction, you may contact Safety Insurance at (800) 951-2100 or (617) 951-0600, ext. 3200, between 8:15 am and 7:00 pm Monday through Friday. Please have your policy or combined bill account number available when you call.