If you experience a loss, you'll find that Safety is committed to providing the fastest and easiest claims service in the business. The information on this page will help you determine whom to contact if you have a loss, and the information that you'll need to provide.
- Report an auto loss
- Find a registered auto body repair shop
- Report a homeowner/umbrella loss
- View your auto claims status
- Report a glass loss
- Find a Drive-In and Re-inspection Center
Frequently Asked Questions
If you're in an auto accident, obtain the following information:
- Date and time of the accident
- Accident location (street names and landmarks)
- Year, make, model, and plate number of the other vehicle
- Driver's name, address, and telephone number of other vehicle
- Owner's name, address, and phone number (if not the driver)
- Name, address, and phone number of other vehicle occupants
- Name of the insurance carrier for the other vehicle
- Policy number for the other vehicle, if possible
- Name and phone number of witnesses
Auto Body Repair Shops by County
- Barnstable, Dukes, Nantucket and Plymouth
- Berkshire, Franklin, and Hampshire
To report an auto fire loss
Contact your Safety agent immediately. For your convenience, use Safety's Agent Finder to locate your agent.
For Massachusetts policyholders, the law requires you to complete a Fire Report in person at the fire department in the locale where the fire occurred. This is mandatory for claims involving stolen motor vehicles recovered burnt. Submit a copy of this report to Safety.
For New Hampshire policyholders, please file a report with the police department as soon as possible and submit a copy to Safety.
If your car is stolen
- Report the theft to the police
- Notify your Safety agent. For your convenience, use Safety's Agent Finder to locate your agent.
- For Massachusetts policyholders, send Safety a copy of the stolen motor vehicle report. You can obtain a copy of the report from the police.
- If your vehicle was recovered burnt, Massachusetts law requires you to complete a Fire Report in person at the fire department in the locale where the fire occurred. Submit a copy of this report to Safety.
- For New Hampshire policyholders, please file a report with the police department as soon as possible and submit a copy to Safety.
Internal Operations Department
P.O. Box 55098
Boston, MA 02205-5098
If your auto is damaged:
- Reporting your claim
- Safety is available 24 x 7. To report a claim please call your professional independent agent or call Safety's Claim Reporting Line at 800-951-2100 or 617-951-0600.
- File your claim online using the Report a Claim feature under the My Account section
- If your auto is damaged you may bring it to one of our many drive-in inspection locations for an immediate appraisal of damages.
- If your auto is un-drivable, an appraiser will contact you to schedule an appraisal of damages.
- If your auto is damaged due to flooding, Safety will arrange for pick-up of the vehicle.
- If your auto is scheduled for repairs we can also pay your claim directly to a repair facility.
- You can follow the progress of your auto claim at www.safetyinsurance.com.
If you experience a loss, you'll find that most claims can be settled with a single phone call.
To report a homeowners loss, contact your Safety agent immediately. For your convenience, use Safety's Agent Finder to locate your agent.
If you are unable to contact your agent and your loss requires immediate attention, contact Safety directly at 1-800-951-2100.
View your auto claims status
Check your appraisal and claim payment information in My Account.
Report a glass loss
Please call the Safety Glass Claim Call Center at 1-877-615-6576 to report your glass loss.