This Web site may contain forward-looking statements. Safety Insurance Group, Inc. and its subsidiaries (the "Company") intend any such "forward-looking statements" to be covered by the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. In addition, the Company's senior management may make forward-looking statements orally to analysts, investors, the media and others. This safe harbor requires that we specify important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those contained in forward-looking statements made by us or on our behalf. We cannot promise that our expectations in such forward-looking statements will turn out to be correct. Our actual results could be materially different from and worse than our expectations.
Forward-looking statements might include, but are not limited to, one or more of the following:
- projections of revenues, income, earnings per share, capital expenditures, dividends, capital structure or other financial items;
- descriptions of plans or objectives of management for future operations, products or services;
- forecasts of future economic performance, liquidity, need for funding and income; and
- descriptions of assumptions underlying or relating to any of the foregoing.
Forward-looking statements can be identified by the fact that they do not relate strictly to historical or current facts. They often include words such as "believe," "expect," "anticipate," "intend," "plan," "estimate," "aim," "projects," or words of similar meaning and expressions that indicate future events and trends, or future or conditional verbs such as "will," "would," "should," "could," or "may." All statements that address expectations or projections about the future, including statements about the Company's strategy for growth, product development, market position, expenditures and financial results, are forward-looking statements.
Forward-looking statements give the Company's expectations or predictions of future conditions, events or results. They are not guarantees of future performance. By their nature, forward-looking statements are subject to risks and uncertainties. There are a number of factors - many of which are beyond the Company's control - that could cause actual future conditions, events, results or trends to differ significantly and/or materially from historical results or those projected in the forward-looking statements, including but not limited to:
- the competitive nature of the Company's industry and the possible adverse effects of such competition;
- conditions for business operations and restrictive regulations in Massachusetts (where the Company's business is concentrated);
- claims resulting from severe weather;
- the Company's possible need for and availability of additional financing;
- the Company's dependence on strategic relationships, among others; and other risks and factors, most of which are beyond our control, that are identified from time to time in the Company's reports filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, most of which are beyond our control.
Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date on which they are made. We do not undertake any obligation to update publicly or revise any forward-looking statements to reflect circumstances or events that occur after the date the forward-looking statements are made.