Our Massachusetts homeowners insurance policies offer a broad selection of coverage, including losses to your home and its contents from numerous perils and for liability to others arising from ownership or occupancy of your home. We offer competitive rates, including discounts for being loss free and a discount of 20% if you insure your automobile with us.
What Does Home Insurance Cover?
Typical home insurance coverage (level HO-3) protects the buildings on your property against certain types of damage and affords you personal liability coverage.
- Damage. Your home and personal property are protected against fire, lightning, frozen pipes tornado, hail and windstorms. Also covered are losses caused by vandalism, theft, riot and any flooding caused by indoor plumbing or air/heat conditioning systems.
- Dwellings. In addition to your house (referred to as the “dwelling”), any structures on your property, such as the garage, are covered.
- Contents. All contents, personal belongings and electronics stored inside your home are covered. However, if your personal possessions include expensive jewelry or art, you might want to purchase additional floater coverage for those items if their replacement costs are higher than your coverage allows.
- Liability. You are covered for bodily injury or property damage whether you are negligent or not. Other home insurance coverage characteristics include medical payments to others up to a specified amount. “Medical payments” is designed to cover small medical bills while protecting you and your insurance company from potential lawsuits.
- Other structures. Other structures covered are fencing around your property and detached buildings such as a barn, shed or pool house. Depending on your coverage, other structures might not be covered at 100 percent replacement value.
- Uninhabitable. Should your home become uninhabitable and you are forced to live somewhere else during repairs, this situation is called “loss of use” and is included in most home insurance coverage. Limits for this expense depend on your policy.
Enhanced Coverage for Massachusetts Homeowners Insurance
- Convenience & peace of mind
- Safety Select, Supreme, Supreme Plus and Complete
- Safety Condominium Unit-Owners Enhancement and Edge Enhancement
- Safety Insurance’s broad coverage enhancement endorsements for your Massachusetts Homeowners Insurance Policy provide flexible options to meet your unique needs.
- Safety’s Home Cyber Protection is a bundled coverage that protects individuals and families from losses such as compromised data on personal computers, mobile devices and other connected home technology, as well as damage to software and operating systems.
Homeowners Insurance Discounts and Other Discounts in Massachusetts
- 20% on your Homeowners insurance, Condominium insurance or Renters insurance policies if you insure your auto with Safety Insurance
- 5% on your Personal Umbrella if you insure your auto with Safety Insurance
- 5% on your Dwelling Fire Policy if you insure your auto with Safety Insurance
- Up to 5% when you qualify for an Account Credit and select combined account billing with electronic policy issuance.
- New Home Credit of up to 18%
- Loss Free Credits of up to 16% on your Homeowners Insurance policy
- Fire and Burglar Alarm Credit of up to 16%
How much home insurance do I need? Get expert advice on Homeowners insurance from one of Safety’s local independent agents) to learn more about Safety’s Massachusetts homeowners insurance offerings.