- Do you see clearly in the dusk and dark?
- Do headlights from other vehicles obstruct your sight?
- Are you easily intimidated by passing vehicles including trucks and motorcycles?
- Do you have difficulty reading road signs?
- Do you have difficulty following construction detours or seeing the police officer on detail near construction zones?
- Do you have difficulty seeing train crossing signals and hearing train whistles?
- Do you have difficulty keeping up with the posted speed limit?
- Do you get drowsy behind the wheel or have difficulty concentrating?
- Do you have difficulty hearing other vehicles?
- Do you often get lost on once familiar roads?
- Do you forget the basics, such as putting on your headlights and wearing a seat belt?
- Are you unsure of your parking skills? Can you parallel park and park in a straight line?
- Are you unsure of your reflexes and reaction time? Is it difficult to react quickly in certain situations, e.g. braking to avoid a collision?
- Have your family, friends, or even police officers told you that you aren't a safe driver?
If you find yourself answering yes to many of these questions, you may want to consider driving less, or not driving at all. Drivers who voluntarily surrender their licenses are eligible for a free Massachusetts I.D.
For more information, contact the Registry of Motor Vehicles at (617) 351-4500 or 1-800-858-3926.
For more information, visit http://www.mass.gov/rmv/medical/ for details on the physical qualifications for operating a motor vehicle safely.