In these times of uncertainty, we want our policyholders to know that we are here to help. As we monitor the ongoing developments of the COVID–19 pandemic, please be assured that we are open for business and all departments remain fully functional. It is our goal to use this space to keep you up to date with information regarding the outbreak.
Convenient Self-Service Options
- Download Safety Mobile App
- Report a claim: My Account, Safety Mobile or call us 24/7 at 800-951-2100
- Pay a Bill: My Account, Safety Mobile or call us at 800-951-2100 to pay using our automated billing option 24/7
We’ll Help you Manage Life’s Storms
As a company who is committed to help you manage life’s storms, this outbreak is no different! We are here to address any questions you may have. We have started to receive some similar questions from our customers and want to share with you what steps we are taking.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are you returning premium to customers as a result of governmental shelter-in-place measures?
As part of our commitment to help our customers navigate these difficult times, we have announced a 15% Safety Personal Auto Relief Credit. Any personal auto policyholder that has a policy in effect as of April 1, 2020 will receive the credit off their premium for the months of April and May. To be eligible, you must have made at least one payment on your policy and maintain continuous coverage. The credits will be applied automatically and if you have already paid in full, you will receive a refund for the amount of the credit.
When can we expect to receive our Safety Personal Auto Relief Credit?
The credit and refund process started on Wednesday, May 6th and will run through Friday, May 15th. Once the credits have processed, you will be able to see them under “My Account” on SafetyInsurance.com. Policyholders that have paid in full should receive a refund check 7 to 10 days after their credit has posted with a letter explaining the details of the relief program. Policies that are new to Safety with an effective date after May 1st, will receive their credit in June.
Where can I find out how much I will be receiving?
You will be able to view the refund amount on My Account. If you do not have a My Account we encourage you to register today for an account.
If shelter-in-place orders extend past May, will I continue to receive auto premium credits?
As information becomes available, we will continue to assess the impact of the COVID-19 crisis on auto claims.
What are my billing options if I am facing financial difficulties due to COVID-19?
We recognize that many people are facing financial difficulties. Safety has placed a temporary hold on all non-payment cancellations until further notice. We will continue to send out bills but will not cancel for non-payment and we will waive all late and non-sufficient fees. Our billing staff is available and will work to understand each individuals circumstance to provide flexible solutions on your premium payment terms. For additional billing questions, please contact our Billing Department at 800-951-2100. Reps are available from 8:00 AM to 7:00 PM Monday - Friday.
How can I lower my premium?
Your Independent Agent is in the best position to assist you with any coverage changes. Please talk to your agent regarding the best solution that meets the needs of your current situation.
What do I do if my circumstances have changed due to Government orders? For example, I am now using my personal auto to deliver food, will my personal lines policy cover me? Or on the Commercial side, I had to curtail my business operations, what do I do about reducing my insurance?
We are working with our Independent Agency partners to provide you with coverage alternatives to meet your goal of optimizing coverages while minimizing premium. We feel it is best if you contact your agent to review the specifics of the changes and to ensure proper handling. Your agent will be able to assist you with your concerns.
I have a claim that needs to be assessed, what are my options to limit contact?
We will work with you on a case by case basis to best accommodate your needs. We have several options that we have implemented to keep our customers and employees safe.
Personal Auto claims:
- Safety Quick Estimate – Your Safety claims adjuster will text message you a link to our Quick Estimate App where you can take pictures of your damaged vehicle and submit for an electronic appraisal to be completed. * Some restrictions apply
- VIP Claims Centers – Currently, our three VIP Claims Centers remain open, however we are asking that you call ahead to make an appointment. Upon arrival customers should stay in the vehicle and the adjuster will take the appropriate steps to write your appraisal.
You may be able to connect with your adjuster over the phone to provide photos/videos of damage. As we are able, we will work with you to remotely assess the damage. If the nature of the damage to the property makes a remote inspection difficult, we’ll let you know and make alternate arrangements.
My premium payment is deducted automatically on a recurring basis through your EFT program. Will these automatic payments continue during this period?
Yes. If you are enrolled in our Safety Advantage EFT program, these will continue. If you would like to adjust or discuss your payment plan, please contact your agent or one of our Billing Representatives at 800-951-2100.
If you would like to speak with a member of our team, we are ready to assist you. Please contact us at 800-951-2100 to speak with a billing representative, report a claim, or to pay your bill.
- RMV UPDATE: RMV Implements Further Credential Extensions
- Safety Personal Auto Relief Credit Endorsement Form
- RMV UPDATE: RMV Implements Further Extensions
- A Message To Our Policyholders - April 13
- Safety Insurance to Reduce Auto Insurance Premiums in Response to COVID-19 Pandemic
- RMV UPDATE: Extension of Motor Vehicle Registration Renewal Deadlines
- A Message To Our Policyholders - March 30
- Pandemic Leads to a Huge Increase in Email Phishing Attempts
- RMV UPDATE: No Walk-In Policy Effective March 27